Housing Benefit

Many of our residents will be entitled to claim Housing Benefit. You will need to apply to your Local Authority; forms and advice is available online.

Local Authority links are provided in the 'More Help and Advice' section at the bottom of this page. 

You will need to provide proof of your identity, proof of your tenancy and proof of your income and savings.

If you do claim Housing Benefit, you must inform the Local Authority if your income changes or you have any other changes in circumstance. If you fail to tell the Local Authority of a change, you will be liable to repay any Housing Benefit you have been paid. However, you should remember that even if you are entitled to Housing Benefit, you are still responsible for paying your rent.

For more information on your rent please refer to the Rent Handbook Leaflet.

If you have any questions then please 'Contact Us'.

More Help and Advice

Local Authority contact details below:-

Cornwall - https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/

Mid Devon District Council - https://www.middevon.gov.uk/

North Somerset Council - https://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/

North Wiltshire - http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/

Somerset County Council -  https://www.somerset.gov.uk/

South Gloucestershire Council - http://www.southglos.gov.uk/

South Hams District Council - http://southhams.gov.uk/

Torridge District Council - https://www.torridge.gov.uk/

West Devon Borough Council - http://westdevon.gov.uk/

West Dorset County Council - https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/